At Sky Raiders we strive to be the very best not only in the way we work and the services we offer but in the way we manage the animals we work with.
Our team are constantly researching new techniques and equipment to further improve the level of care and training we provide to our animals.
We work with all of our birds of prey on a daily basis, to maintain their fitness and health. Those who are part of the current flying team are provided with the freedom to fly everyday no matter the weather, whilst the rest of the team are allowed to chill out in our specially designed aviaries.
When our birds are not working we encourage their natural habits:
- The younger birds who are only a few months old, are allowed to fly free for several hours a day to build up their skills and fitness, which we call hacking.
- Working birds are given a break every year to allow them to moult naturally in large aviaries.
- When our birds are not working, we practice the art of falconry, which is a using our trained raptors to pursue quarry in its natural state and habitat.
- Sexually mature birds are given the freedom to bred in large aviaries, in a quite and tranquil cottage garden, with views over the Kentish country side.
- We allow all breeding pairs are able to build and manage their nest themselves.
- All hatchlings are left with the parents to be naturally reared, with minimal intervention from humans.
We believe in responsible breeding and only ever introduce new birds to our collection from respectable breeders that meet our high level of expectations. All birds are sourced via legal channels with all the relevant paperwork and identification rings, which can be available upon request..